This week I’m going to try out an essential oil bug repellant recipe. I’m really hoping it works because 1. I refuse to spray my kids down with “cancer juice” (aka conventional bug spray) 2. The bugs are vicious already. Between the gnats and mosquitoes this afternoon I was not a happy gardener.
Speaking of gardening, we have dirt! Our raised bed is full and slightly overflowing with rich, dark dirt. I saw quite a few worms as we were shoveling the dirt in (yup, all of it, by the shovelful. I have blisters), and I’m super excited to plant now! I have trouble believing it will freeze again with how warm it’s been, but it is still early. I think I’ll take my chances.
Here’s our meal plan for the week.
- Yogurt and granola x3
- Scrambled eggs and toast x2
- Multi-grain pancakes and oranges
- Banana-walnut muffins and smoothies
- Leftovers x3
- Salad with hard boiled eggs x2
- Almond or peanut butter and jelly sandwiches x2
- Black beans, quinoa, quesadillas and guacamole
- Potato-sausage soup and sour cream muffins
- Fried rice
- Salad with chicken
What's on the menu at your house this week?