We ate soup all weekend and will again today. It’s been chilly and soup just hits the spot-not to mention helps me clean out my freezers in preparation of our 1/4 of a cow coming soon!
David is feeling like a million bucks (well, almost) and his appetite is sure back. I’m trying to keep something healthy for him to snack on available at all times, since it seems like he can never get enough to eat at meal time. Maybe his body is catching up from barely eating for almost a month. I’ve been making lots of smoothies and muffins, and I found a few power bar recipes that I’m hoping to try this week. One recipe uses black beans as the base!
Here’s what we’ll be eating this week:
- Oatmeal x2
- Yogurt and granola x2
- Scrambled eggs and toast
- Multi-grain pancakes and smoothies
- Chocolate-banana muffins and smoothies
- Leftovers x3
- Salad with hardboiled eggs x2
- Rice and beans (with salsa, cheese, lettuce, etc.)
- Chicken, broccoli and cheese grilled sandwiches