We were supposed to have our beef by now, but it’s late for some reason. So I’m doing a fantastic job of cleaning out our pantry and freezer! I’m having to really stalk pinterest a ton be creative in the kitchen because I had planned on us having beef to eat by this point, so we’re running a little low. If our meal plan seems a little odd, this is why!
I was able to get a flat of champagne mangos through my local health food store (which does a produce order every two weeks. Awesome, I know!) and they are delicious. I’m working on converting David but at this point he’s not a big mango fan. He says the flavor kicks you in the mouth too much . . . But in smoothies he doesn’t mind it.
I found a random package of smoked wild salmon in the back of my storage closet last week (weird, I know) so I decided it needed some bagels to go with it. I’m less than thrilled with my homemade bagels- anyone have a suggestion for a good whole wheat bagel recipe?
- Yogurt and granola x2
- Overnight oatmeal (or summer porridge, whatever you want to call it!) x2
- Fried eggs, bagels and smoothies
- Smoothies and pumpkin muffins (as I continue to clean out my freezer, pumpkin is being used up!)
- Multi-grain pancakes and fresh strawberries
- Leftovers x3
- Salad with hard boiled eggs x3
- Quesadillas, guacamole and mango
- Bagel sandwiches with salmon, lettuce, etc.
- Roast chicken, quinoa and salad
- Black bean burgers and salad
- Pizza and salad
- Rice, beans and cornbread
What’s on your meal plan this week? Probably spring-type foods and not pumpkin, right? ;)