We’ve hit that transition where Joseph is not a baby anymore, really, he’s a little toddler. He turned 1 last Wednesday. I love it! Everything is new and exciting to him, and I’m having so much fun watching him discover new things. He’s not eating any baby food purees, although I do have to chop his food pretty small. He loves salad, which is good because we do eat a lot of it around here. His appetite has really taken off and we’re going through more food than I expected. He’s so little that I just didn’t anticipate how much he’d be eating! I can’t imagine when they’re both teenagers . . .
I upped our milk share and eggs and we’re still going through every drop of milk and every single egg each week. I think it’s time to eat more beans!
Here’s what we’ll be eating this week:
- Applesauce muffins, smoothies
- Summer porridge with chopped mango and coconut x2
- Scrambled eggs and toast
- Yogurt and granola x2
- Pancakes with fresh strawberries
- Leftovers x2
- Salad with hardboiled eggs x3
- PB & banana sandwiches, carrots and hummus
- Taco bowls (rice and beans with taco toppings)
- Rice, beans and cornbread
- Spaghetti and salad
- Black bean burgers and broccoli-rice casserole
- Tacos and guacamole
- Hamburgers, sweet potatoes and salad
What are you eating this week?