Oatmeal Cookie Scones—I need to bake some this week!
I haven’t been baking much lately because it’s been so hot! We’ve been swimming in the creek a lot and we’re all getting a little tan:) All the swimming is making everyone extra hungry. It seems like no matter how much I cook, someone is needing more to eat!
It’s supposed to cool off for a few days later this week so I’m going to do some baking to store in the freezer. I’m planning on making:
--A double batch of everyday wheat bread
--Oatmeal cookie scones (I’ll bake half and freeze the rest for another morning)
--Two loaves of banana bread
--1 lb. of cooked, diced carrots for smoothies (well, this isn’t baking!)
Supposedly our cow is at the processing house now, so we should have it by next week. I’ll believe it when I actually hold it in my hands!
I’m working on my meal plan for June, and I’m using more of Lindsey’s methods this time. It seems a little simpler than the once-a-month planning I’ve been doing, but I am notorious for making things more complicated than needed:)
But here’s what we’ll be eating this last week of May:
- Oatmeal with bananas and walnuts x2
- Yogurt and granola x2
- Scrambled eggs and toast
- Oatmeal cookie scones and smoothies
- Pancakes and applesauce
- Black bean salsa, tortilla chips and smoothies
- Almond butter sandwiches, bananas x2
- Salad with hard boiled eggs and chicken
- Leftovers x3
- Salmon patties, quinoa pilaf, pickles and applesauce
- Roast chicken, Joy’s coconut rice and green beans
- Fried egg sandwiches, mango
- Tacos and guacamole
- Rice, beans and cornbread
Do you meal plan? Have you ever tried once a month meal planning?